Mechanical Concentrates for Effective Purging
Mechanical purging concentrates from RapidPurge are the superior choice for providing quality cleaning, scrubbing, and polishing of injection molding, extrusion, and blow molding equipment. These concentrates can be mixed right at your facility with regrind, production resin, or virgin resin to make the perfect mechanical/scrubbing purge mixture.
All grades can be used in injection, extrusion, and blow molding applications. The mechanical concentrates RapidPurge offers include:
- MC900 Concentrate – Scrubbing pellets – 100% pelletized filled resin without foaming, comprised of FDA/GRAS materials – must be mixed with a carrier resin prior to use – works well with regrind or virgin resin (PE/PP) to make a universal mechanical/scrubbing purge mixture.
- MC900 – Most universal grade – best answer for most resins. Formulated for 380°F-565°F.
- MC900HT – Formulated for high viscosity/stiff resins and high-temperature purging up to 725°F.
- MC900LT – Formulated for low viscosity/soft resin purging up to 450°F.
No matter what type of plastic processing equipment you have at your facility, RapidPurge has the purging solution for you. Our mechanical concentrate compounds feature:
- Mechanical activity – Non-abrasive mechanical components enhance scrubbing and soft polishing of the machinery’s base metal.
- Pellet form factor – The pellet manufacturing process ensures that the potency of the compound is preserved for purging. Easy feed and handling; can be hopper loaded.
- No dwell time in the machine – Our mechanical purges can be run right through the machine with the screw at normal RPMs.
- No temperature changes – Our mechanical purges can be run right through the machine at operating temperatures.
- No multi-step procedures – Simply run the compound through the machine until purging is clear of contaminates. Ideal for quick color or material changes.
- Pre-mixed – Pre-mixed products include a universal carrier resin, providing the ultimate in convenience and handling.
- Concentrates – Concentrates can be mixed at your location with your polyolefin resin in a ratio of 50/50 or 20/80, depending on the grade. The concentrate can also be mixed with a resin of equal or greater value in viscosity than the resident resin being purged.
Want to know if mechanical concentrates are the right purging compound for your needs? Contact RapidPurge today to speak with our team.