Mechanical Grade Purging Compounds for Plastic Processers
RapidPurge’s mechanical purging compounds are the competitive choice for general-purpose purging applications, providing quick cleaning, scrubbing, and polishing of plastic processing equipment. Each of our mechanical grades is available with different PE base resins to match your temperature and viscosity requirements.
Some of the features of mechanical purging compounds from RapidPurge include:
- Mechanical activity – Non-abrasive mechanical components enhance scrubbing and soft polishing of the machinery’s base metal.
- Pellet form factor – The pellet manufacturing process ensures that the potency of the compound is preserved for purging. Easy feed and handling; can be hopper loaded.
- No dwell time in the machine – Our mechanical purges can be run right through the machine with the screw at normal RPMs.
- No temperature changes – Our mechanical purges can be run right through the machine at operating temperatures.
- No multi-step procedures – Simply run RapidPurge through the machine until purging is clear of contaminates. Ideal for quick color or material changes.
- Pre-mixed – Pre-mixed products include a universal carrier resin, providing the ultimate in convenience and handling.
- Concentrates – Concentrates can be mixed at your location with your polyolefin resin in a ratio up to 2:1. The concentrate should be mixed with a resin of equal or greater value in viscosity than the resident resin being purged.
All mechanical grades can be used in injection, extrusion, and blow molding applications. No matter the issue, RapidPurge has the right purging compound for you.
Mechanical Purging Grade (MP900)
MP900 Series 100% pelletized filled resin without foaming is comprised of FDA/GRAS materials; this is a good choice if purging machines with small feed throats.
- MP900 – Premix – most universal grade – best answer for most resins. Formulated for 380°F-565°F.
- MP900HT – Premix – formulated for high viscosity/stiff resins and high-temperature purging up to 725°F.
- MP900LT – Premix – specially formulated for low viscosity/soft resin purging up to 450°F.
- MC900 – Concentrate scrubbing pellets – allows you to make your own universal purge mixture. Must be mixed with a carrier resin prior to use – works well with regrind or virgin resin (PE/PP) to make a universal mechanical/scrubbing purge mixture.
Activated Mechanical Purging Compounds (MP1000)
MP1000 Series contains heat-activated foaming pellets added to our basic mechanical purge products for cleaning hard-to-reach negative flow areas. MC1000 concentrate works best when mixed with glass-filled or mineral-filled resin. Foaming additives expand the purge into low/negative flow areas.
- MP1000 – Premix – most universal grade – best answer for most resins. Formulated for 380°F-565°F.
- MP1000HT – Premix – formulated for high viscosity/stiff resins and high-temperature purging up to 725°F.
- MP1000LT – Premix – specially formulated for low viscosity/soft resin purging up to 450°F.
Want to utilize mechanical purging grades for your plastic processing equipment? Contact RapidPurge today to learn more.