Activated Mechanical Purging Compounds for Processing Equipment
RapidPurge mechanical purging compounds are an effective choice for general-purpose purging applications, providing quick cleaning, scrubbing, and polishing of injection and extrusion machinery plus blow molding equipment.
Our activated mechanical purging grades are available as premix and concentrate, and we also offer different PE base resins to match your temperature and viscosity requirements. The activated mechanical grades RapidPurge offers include:
- MP1000 – Premix – most universal grade – best answer for most resins. Formulated for 380°F-565°F.
- MP1000HT – Premix – formulated for high viscosity/stiff resins and high-temperature purging up to 725°F.
- MP1000LT – Premix – specially formulated for low viscosity/soft resin purging up to 450°F.
No matter what type of plastic processing equipment you have, RapidPurge has the right purging compound for your exact needs. Some of the features of our activated mechanical purging grades include:
- Mechanical activity – Non-abrasive mechanical components enhance scrubbing and soft polishing of the machinery’s base metal.
- Pellet form factor – The pellet manufacturing process ensures that the potency of the compound is preserved for purging.
- No dwell time in the machine – Our mechanical purges can be run right through the machine with the screw at normal RPMs.
- No temperature changes – Our mechanical purges can also be run right through the machine at normal operating temperatures.
- No multi-step procedures – Simply run the compound through the machine until your equipment is clear of contaminates. Ideal for quick color or material changes.
- Pre-mixed – Pre-mixed products include a universal carrier resin, providing ultimate convenience and handling.
- Concentrates – Concentrates can be mixed at your location with polyolefin resin in a ratio up to 20/80. The concentrate should be mixed with a resin of equal or greater value in viscosity than the resident resin being purged.
Want to learn more about activated mechanical purging compounds from RapidPurge? Contact us today to get started.