Activated Chemical Concentrates from RapidPurge
RapidPurge offers a range of specially formulated activated chemical concentrates for enhanced purging applications. These grades are useful for purging clear resins out of plastic processing equipment such as polycarbonate, acrylic, and crystal polystyrene.
Features of activated chemical concentrates from RapidPurge include:
- Heavy-duty chemical agents – Both the CC3000 and MC1000 include our proprietary chemical formulation for heavy-duty, challenging purging operations.
- Activated foaming agent – Both concentrates include a heat-activated foaming agent to clean hard-to-reach negative flow areas.
- Concentrated mix – The concentrate is mixed at your location with your resident resin. Due to the high mix ratio (15/85 for CC3000 and 20/80 for MC1000), the concentrates provide a very cost-effective purging compound. The concentrate should be mixed with a resin of equal or greater value in viscosity than the resident resin being purged.
- Maximum results – Temperatures can be raised to the maximum level of resident resin allowing for a short soak cycle during purge for highly demanding applications.
RapidPurge does not recommend mixing CC3000 with PVC, thermoplastic elastomers, acetals, or acetate.
Activated chemical concentrates can be used in all injection, extrusion, and blow molding processes. We offer several concentrates for your plastic processing facility, such as:
- CC3000 – Concentrate that includes chemical agents that address high degradation, difficult color changeovers, and challenging resident residue issues.
- MC1000 – Concentrate – foaming pellets – 100% pelletized resin with foaming – must be mixed with a carrier resin prior to use – works best with glass-filled or mineral-filled resin. Foaming additives expand the purge into low/negative flow areas.
Want to learn more about utilizing activated chemical concentrates for your plastic processing equipment? Contact the team at RapidPurge today.