FDA/GRAS Purging Grades for Your Processing Equipment
RapidPurge is proud to have expanded our product line to include a non-ammonia, non-foaming chemical/mechanical purging compound for medical and food purging applications.
The FDA/GRAS purging compound from RapidPurge offers both chemical and mechanical properties for the most effective use. These RE Grades are thermally activated to soften polymer structure and lower the viscosity of the resident resin. RE Grades are fully pelletized/compounded for the best dispersion of active ingredients and can be run through the machine at operating temperatures.
All FDA/GRAS purging grades can be used in injection, extrusion, and blow molding applications. Compounds that are available include:
- RE9240 – Premix – most universal grade – best answer for most resins. Formulated for 380°F – 580F.
- RE5540 – Premix – specially formulated for high viscosity/stiff resins and/or high-temperature purging up to 725°F.
- RE8240 – Premix – specially formulated for low viscosity/soft resin purging up to 450°F.
- RE3000 – Concentrate grade – must be mixed with a carrier resin prior to use – very cost-effective.
- RE3000HT – Concentrate grade – must be mixed with a carrier resin prior to use – very cost-effective. Formulated for high viscosity/stiff resins and/or high-temperature purging up to 725°F.
- RE3000LT – Concentrate grade – must be mixed with a carrier resin prior to use – very cost-effective. Specially formulated for low viscosity/soft resin purging up to 450°F
- EC3000 – Chemical concentrate grade – specially formulated for applications with a filled resin, such as glass-filled resin, or for purging clear resins like polycarbonate, acrylic, and crystal polystyrene.
No matter the application, RapidPurge has the right compound for your equipment. Features of the FDA/GRAS purging grades from RapidPurge include:
- Shut-down/start-up – Excellent shut-down properties clean and prevent degradation while complementing efficient start-ups.
- Pre-mixed – Pre-mixed products include a universal carrier resin, providing the ultimate in convenience and handling.
- Concentrates – Depending on the particular grade, concentrates can be mixed at your location with your polyolefin resin in a ratio of either 50/50 or 20/80. Concentrate should be mixed with a resin of equal or greater value in viscosity than the resident resin being purged.
- Maximum results – Temperatures can be raised to the maximum level allowing for a short soak cycle during purge for highly demanding applications.
Want to learn more about FDA/GRAS purging grades from RapidPurge? Contact our team of experts today to start a conversation.