Activated Chemical/Mechanical Purging Compounds
RapidPurge chemical/mechanical purging compounds are specially formulated to address high degradation, difficult color changeovers, and challenging resident residual issues. Our compounds penetrate layer by layer to deep clean down to the bare metal. These products are non-abrasive and all can be used to clean injection molding, extrusion, and blow molding equipment.
Features of activated chemical/mechanical purging compound grades include:
- Heavy-duty chemical agents – Our proprietary chemical formulation adds an extra punch for heavy-duty, challenging purging.
- Pellet form factor – Our pellet manufacturing process ensures that the original potency of the compound is preserved for purging.
- Shut-down/start-up – Excellent shut-down properties clean and prevent degradation while complementing efficient start-ups.
- Pre-mixed – Our pre-mixed products include a universal carrier resin, providing the ultimate in convenience and handling.
- Concentrates – These can be mixed at your location with your polyolefin resin in a ratio up to 2:1. The concentrate should be mixed with a resin of equal or greater value in viscosity than the resident resin being purged.
- Maximum results – Temperatures can be raised to the maximum level of resident resin allowing for a short soak cycle during purge for highly demanding applications.
RapidPurge does not recommend mixing any IG3000 series with PVC, thermoplastic elastomers, acetals, or acetate.
There are several activated chemical/mechanical purging compound grades available for your facility at RapidPurge, such as:
- PM9240 – Premix – most universal grade – best answer for most resins. Formulated for 380°F – 580F.
- PM5540 – Premix – specially formulated for high viscosity/stiff resins and/or high-temperature purging up to 725°F.
- PM8240 – Premix – specially formulated for low-temperature purging 380°F – 450°F.
- IG3000 – Concentrate grade – must be mixed with a carrier resin prior to use – very cost-effective.
- IG3000HT – Concentrate grade – must be mixed with a carrier resin prior to use – very cost-effective. Formulated for high viscosity/stiff resins and/or high-temperature purging up to 725°F.
- IG3000LT – Concentrate grade – must be mixed with a carrier resin prior to use – very cost-effective. Specially formulated for low-temperature purging 380°F – 450°F.
Want to learn more about activated chemical/mechanical purging compound grades from RapidPurge? Contact us today to start a conversation.