RapidPurge Mechanical purging compounds are the competitive choice for general purpose purging applications providing quick cleaning, scrubbing, and polishing of injection, extrusion machinery and blow molding equipment.
Our mechanical grades are available with different PE base resins to match your temperature and viscosity requirements. They are available in a convenient pre-mix form, concentrate, and customer specific custom blends.
Product is available in 25/50lb boxes, 100lb drums, or 1000lb Gaylord.
All grades can be used in injection, extrusion, and blow molding applications.
MP900 Series 100% pelletized filled resin without foaming, comprised of FDA/GRAS materials; this is a good choice if purging machines with small feed throats.
- MP900 – premix – most universal grade – best answer for most resins. Formulated for 380-565F.
- MP900HT – premix – formulated for high viscosity/stiff resins and high temperature purging up to 725F.
- MP900LT – premix – especially formulated for low viscosity/soft resin purging up to 450F.
- MC900 – concentrate scrubbing pellets – allows you to make your own universal purge mixture. Must be mixed with a carrier resin prior to use – works well with regrind or virgin resin (PE/PP) to make a universal mechanical/scrubbing purge mixture. Loaded with scrubbing additives to give your regrind/ resin that extra punch.
MP1000 Series contains heat-activated foaming pellets added to our basic mechanical purge products for cleaning hard-to-reach negative flow areas. MC1000 concentrate works best when mixed with glass-filled or mineral-filled resin. Foaming additives expands the purge into low/negative flow areas.
- MP1000 – premix – most universal grade – best answer for most resins. Formulated for 380-565F.
- MP1000HT – premix – formulated for high viscosity/stiff resins and high temperature purging up to 725F.
- MP1000LT – premix – especially formulated for low viscosity/soft resin purging up to 450F.
Non-abrasive mechanical components enhance scrubbing and soft polishing of the machinery’s base metal.
PELLET FORM FACTOR
The RapidPurge proprietary pellet manufacturing process ensures that the potency of the compound is preserved for purging. Easy feed and handling; can be hopper loaded.
NO DWELL TIME IN MACHINE
Our mechanical purges can be run right through the machine with the screw at normal RPMs.
NO TEMPERATURE CHANGES
Our mechanical purges can be run right through the machine at operating temperatures.
NO MULTI-STEP PROCEDURES
Simply run RapidPurge through the machine until purging are clear of contaminates. Ideal for quick color or material changes.
The pre-mixed products include a universal carrier resin, providing the ultimate in convenience and handling.
Concentrates can be mixed at your location with your polyolefin resin in a ratio up to 2:1. Concentrate to be mixed with resin of equal or greater value in viscosity than resident resin being purged.