Time is Money!
Operating thermoplastic processing equipment can cause major downtime due to difficult color changes, material changes, black specks from carbon build up, or in the worst case scenario – teardown; all representing a financial loss in productivity.
Purging with a high performance purging material is a proven method to significantly save time and money by reducing downtime and waste.
The reduction of downtime is key. Purging can help accomplish this goal because it:
Corrects processing degradation issues to avoid dismantling
- Expedites material and/or color changes
- Prevents degradation during shutdown, promote faster startups
- Preventative maintenance
- Reduction of scrap
- Purging prior to procedurally required dismantling reduces clean-up time
The value of uptime, combined with raw material costs and machine size, can more than offset the costs of purging compounds.
When To Use
- Removing degradation such as carbon and gels
- Removing plate out of additives and/or colors
- Changing material viscosities and/or colors
- Stabilization during shutdown
- Preventative Maintenance