RapidPurge has expanded its product line to include a non-ammonia, non-foaming chemical/mechanical purging compound for medical and food purging applications. This new generation of purging, comprised of FDA/GRAS materials, offers both chemical and mechanical properties for effective purging of all thermoplastic resins up to 700/f plus degrees. As with all RapidPurge grades, these new RE Grades are non-abrasive and can be used to purge downstream equipment like hot runner tools and dies.
RE Grades are thermally activated purges with a softening chemistry to soften polymer structure and lower viscosity of resident resin. Degradation is softened and loosened during the purge to be pushed out with the mechanical portion of the purge. The same softening effect applies to the polyethylene base resin in RE purge material which makes it easier to clear out of the machine after the purge. The RE Grades are fully pelletized/compounded for best dispersion of active ingredients and there are no fumes or smoke omitted during the purge process. They are run through the machine at operating temperatures.
RE products are loaded with antioxidants and stabilizers that also offer excellent shutdown properties. Simply purge the machine, empty and shutdown, leaving the residual RE purge in the machine to prevent oxidation. The purge material will add stabilization during cool down/heat up offering a faster start-up that is free of black specks. Scrap generation on start-up will become less and less with continued use.
Our RE Chemical grades are available with different PE base resins to match your temperature and viscosity requirements. They are available in convenient pre-mixed form concentrates and customer specific custom blends.
Product is available in 25/50lb boxes, 100lb drums, or 1000lb Gaylord.
All grades can be used in injection, extrusion, and blow molding applications.
- RE9240 – Premix – most universal grade – best answer for most resins. Formulated for 380F – 580F.
- RE5540 – Premix – especially formulated for high viscosity/stiff resins and/or high temperature purging up to 725 F.
- RE8240 – Premix – especially formulated for low viscosity/soft resin purging up to 450F.
- RE3000 – Concentrate grade – must be mixed with a carrier resin prior to use – very cost-effective.
- RE3000HT – Concentrate grade – must be mixed with a carrier resin prior to use – very cost-effective. Formulated for high viscosity/stiff resins and/or high temperature purging up to 725 F.
- RE3000LT – Concentrate grade – must be mixed with a carrier resin prior to use – very cost-effective. Especially formulated for low viscosity/soft resin purging up to 450 F
- EC3000 – chemical concentrate grade – specially formulated for applications with a filled resin, such as class-filled resin, or for purging clear resins like polycarbonate, acrylic, and crystal polystyrene.
Excellent shut-down properties clean and prevent degradation, and complement efficient start-ups.
The pre-mixed products include a universal carrier resin, providing the ultimate in convenience and handling.
Depending on the particular grade, Concentrates can be mixed at your location with your polyolefin resin in a ratio of either 50/50, or 20/80 Concentrate to be mixed with resin of equal or greater value in viscosity than resident resin being purged.
Temperatures can be raised to maximum level of resident resin allowing for a short soak cycle during purge for highly demanding applications.