The RapidPurge premium flagship product line — and the one that made RapidPurge famous as the “go to” purge supplier for difficult purging applications — is the RapidPurge Activated Chemical/Mechanical product line.
The RapidPurge chemical/mechanical purging compounds are specially formulated to address high degradation, difficult color changeovers, and challenging resident residual issues. Our compounds penetrate layer by layer to deep clean down to the bare metal. These products are non-abrasive and can be used to clean Injection Molding, Extrusion, and Blow Molding equipment.
Our chemical/mechanical purging compounds are also excellent as a Shutdown media to eliminate black specs on startup. Simply purge the machine, empty and shutdown, leaving the residual RapidPurge in the machine to prevent oxidation. The purge material will not burn during cool down/heat up offering a faster startup that is free of black specks. Scrap generation on startup will become less and less with continued use.
RapidPurge Chemical purging compounds include:
- Proprietary chemical agents that break down the molecular structure and viscosity of the resident resin in order to attack the adhesion of resins to metals.
- Heat-activated expanding foaming agents to reach negative flow areas.
- Specialized mechanical agents for cleaning, scrubbing, and soft polishing of the machinery’s base metal.
RapidPurge Activated Chemical/Mechanical products are the grades that made us famous for supplying the most effective purging compounds on the market. These are the products that made RapidPurge synonymous with the saying “If RapidPurge can’t purge it, no one can!”
Our chemical grades are available with different PE base resins to match your temperature and viscosity requirements. They are available in convenient pre-mixed form, concentrates, and custom blends.
Product is available in 25/50lb boxes, 100 lb drums, or 1000lb Gaylord.
All grades can be used in injection, extrusion, and blow molding applications.
- PM9240 – Premix – most universal grade – best answer for most resins. Formulated for 380F – 580F.
- PM5540 – Premix – especially formulated for high viscosity/stiff resins and/or high temperature purging up to 725F.
- PM8240 – Premix – especially formulated for low temperature purging 380F – 450F.
- IG3000 – Concentrate grade – must be mixed with a carrier resin prior to use – very cost-effective.
- IG3000HT – Concentrate grade – must be mixed with a carrier resin prior to use – very cost-effective. Formulated for high viscosity/stiff resins and/or high temperature purging up to 725 F.
- IG3000LT – Concentrate grade – must be mixed with a carrier resin prior to use – very cost-effective. Especially formulated for low temperature purging 380F – 450F.
Heavy-duty Chemical Agents
Our proprietary chemical formulation adds an extra punch for heavy-duty, challenging purging.
Pellet Form Factor
The RapidPurge proprietary pellet manufacturing process ensures that the original potency of the compound is preserved for purging.
Excellent shut-down properties clean and prevent degradation, and complement efficient start-ups.
The pre-mixed products include a universal carrier resin, providing the ultimate in convenience and handling.
Concentrates can be mixed at your location with your polyolefin resin in a ratio up to 2:1. Concentrate to be mixed with resin of equal or greater value in viscosity than resident resin being purged.
Temperatures can be raised to maximum level of resident resin allowing for a short soak cycle during purge for highly demanding applications.
We do not recommend mixing any IG3000 series with PVC, Thermoplastic Elastomers, Acetals, Acetate.